The Planning Commission advises local elected officials on planning and community development matters. The Planning Commission plays a crucial role in developing recommendations for implementing change in land use and promoting responsible land use practices. The Planning Commission reviews proposed development plans and ensures the compliance of those plans with the Borough’s Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision and Land Use Regulations and makes recommendations to Borough Council.
The Wilkinsburg Planning Commission consists of seven members who are all residents of the Borough. The Commission reviews various development site plans, subdivision and reverse subdivision plans for compliance with the Borough's Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance and Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code. Recommendations are then made to Borough Council for approval or disapproval.
- No Council Meeting May 20, 2015
- Please note that there will not be a Council Meeting on Wednesday, May 20 as originally advertised. The next...
- Posted: 05/19/2015
- MORE >
- April, 2015 Council Mtg. Minutes
- Council Meeting Minutes for April 1, 2015 and April 8, 2015 are now on-line for reading. April 15,2015 ...
- Posted: 05/15/2015
- MORE >
- Shade Tree Advisory Committee: 6:00 pm in Council Chambers, 2nd floor Borough Building
- Planning Commission: 6:30 pm in Council Chambers, 2nd floor Borough Building
- Joint Tax Comm. on Process to Reclaim Vacant Prop: 5:30 pm in the Wilkinsburg School District Board Room, 718 Wallace Ave.
Planning Commission Minutes
Zoning Ordinance as adopted by Council