The Planning Commission advises local elected officials on planning and community development matters. The Planning Commission plays a crucial role in developing recommendations for implementing change in land use and promoting responsible land use practices. The Planning Commission reviews proposed development plans and ensures the compliance of those plans with the Borough’s Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision and Land Use Regulations and makes recommendations to Borough Council.
The Wilkinsburg Planning Commission consists of seven members who are all residents of the Borough. The Commission reviews various development site plans, subdivision and reverse subdivision plans for compliance with the Borough's Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance and Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code. Recommendations are then made to Borough Council for approval or disapproval.
- WCDC Tree Planting
- The Wilkinsburg Community Art and Civic Design Commission will meet on Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 6:30 p.m....
- Posted: 03/20/2014
- MORE >
- March 5, 2014 Council Work Session Agenda
- March 5, 2014 Council Work Session Agenda is now available on-line for reading.
- Posted: 03/03/2014
- MORE >
- Council Meeting: 7:00 P.M. @ 2nd Fl. Council Chambers
- Council Work Session: 6:30 P.M. @ 2nd Fl. Council Chambers
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board Mtg.: 5:30 P.M. @ Borough Bldg. 1st Fl. Conference Rm.
Planning Commission Minutes
Zoning Ordinance as adopted by Council