The Planning Commission advises local elected officials on planning and community development matters. The Planning Commission plays a crucial role in developing recommendations for implementing change in land use and promoting responsible land use practices. The Planning Commission reviews proposed development plans and ensures the compliance of those plans with the Borough’s Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision and Land Use Regulations and makes recommendations to Borough Council.
The Wilkinsburg Planning Commission consists of seven members who are all residents of the Borough. The Commission reviews various development site plans, subdivision and reverse subdivision plans for compliance with the Borough's Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance and Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code. Recommendations are then made to Borough Council for approval or disapproval.
- 2015.02.18 Council Agenda
- The agenda for the February 18, 2015 Council Meeting is available here.
- Posted: 02/17/2015
- MORE >
- February 11, 1015 Council agenda
- The agenda for the February 11, 2015 Council meeting is available here.
- Posted: 02/10/2015
- MORE >
- Planning Commission Mtg.: 6:30 p.m. Council Chambers
- Council Meeting (Work Session): Council Chambers 6:30 pm
- Council Meeting (Legislative): Council Chambers 7:00 pm
Planning Commission Minutes
Zoning Ordinance as adopted by Council