The Planning Commission advises local elected officials on planning and community development matters. The Planning Commission plays a crucial role in developing recommendations for implementing change in land use and promoting responsible land use practices. The Planning Commission reviews proposed development plans and ensures the compliance of those plans with the Borough’s Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision and Land Use Regulations and makes recommendations to Borough Council.
The Wilkinsburg Planning Commission consists of seven members who are all residents of the Borough. The Commission reviews various development site plans, subdivision and reverse subdivision plans for compliance with the Borough's Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance and Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code. Recommendations are then made to Borough Council for approval or disapproval.
The Planning Commission has been working with consultants from Delta Development to draft an updated comprehensive zoning code.
You can review the draft HERE.
PROPOSED Official Map
- 2014 Manager's Budget
- Borough Council has released the 2014 budget for public inspection. The budget is not final until adopted by...
- Posted: 12/18/2013
- MORE >
- December 4, 2013 Council Mtg. Agenda
- December 4, 2013 Council Meeting Agenda is now available on-line for reading.
- Posted: 11/27/2013
- MORE >
- Council Legislative Mtg.: 7:00 pm @ Council Chambers
- CACDC Mtg.: 6:30 pm @ Council Chambers
- Council Planning Session: 6:30 pm @ Council Chambers
Planning Commission Minutes