The Planning Commission advises local elected officials on planning and community development matters. The Planning Commission plays a crucial role in developing recommendations for implementing change in land use and promoting responsible land use practices. The Planning Commission reviews proposed development plans and ensures the compliance of those plans with the Borough’s Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision and Land Use Regulations and makes recommendations to Borough Council.
The Wilkinsburg Planning Commission consists of seven members who are all residents of the Borough. The Commission reviews various development site plans, subdivision and reverse subdivision plans for compliance with the Borough's Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance and Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code. Recommendations are then made to Borough Council for approval or disapproval.
- Proposed 2015 Budget Documents Posted
- The proposed 2015 budget for the Borough of Wilkinsburg has now been posted on the website for public...
- Posted: 12/17/2014
- MORE >
- December 3, 2014 Council Mtg. Agenda
- December 3, 2014 Council Meeting Agenda is now available on-line for reading.
- Posted: 11/25/2014
- MORE >
- Planning Commission Mtg.: 6:30 p.m. @ Council Chambers
- Council Work Session: 6:30 P.M. @ 2nd Fl. Council Chambers
- Citizen's Advisory Committee on Shade Trees: 6:00 P.M. @ 2nd Fl. Council Chambers
Planning Commission Minutes
Zoning Ordinance as adopted by Council